There’s a lot to be said about getting old. As we get older we become wiser and more learned. On top of that, getting used to all these aches and pains turns us into tough cookies. These elderly quotes remind us that getting old isn’t that bad. In fact, it’s one of the best parts of life.
The Best Elderly Quotes to Inspire Joy
Quotes on Elderly Care
These quotes are spoken by some senior care workers. They’ll remind you how much these people enjoy making you comfortable and happy.
- “Caring about others, running the risk of feeling, and leaving an impact on people, brings happiness.” – Harold Kushner
- “The closest thing to being cared for is to care for someone else.” – Carson McCullers
- “Give yourself entirely to those around you. Be generous with your blessings. A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal.” – Steve Maraboli
Quotes About Old Age
- “The glory of the elderly is their insight to life.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
- “Age should not have its face lifted, but it should rather teach the world to admire wrinkles as the etchings of experience and the firm line of character. ” – Ralph B. Perry
- “Old age is ready to undertake tasks that youth shirked because they would take too long.” – W. Somerset Maugham
- “It doesn’t behoove elderly persons to follow fashion in their thinking nor in the way they dress.” Johann Goethe
- “Old age is the most unexpected of all the things that can happen to a man.” – Leon Trotsky
- “You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred.” – Woody Allen
- “Youth cannot know how age thinks and feels. But old men are guilty if they forget what it was to be young.” – J.K. Rowling
Inspiring Quotes for Seniors
- “As we grow older, we must discipline ourselves to continue expanding, broadening, learning, keeping out minds active and open.” – Clint Eastwood
- “You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt; as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear; as young as your hope, as old as your despair.” – Douglas Macarthur
- “None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “To know how to grow old is the master work of wisdom, and one of the most difficult chapters in the great art of living.” – Henri Frederic Amiel
- “By the time you’re eighty years old you’ve learned everything. You only have to remember it.” – George Burns
- “Aging is not lost youth but a new stage of opportunity and strength.” – Betty Friedan
- “For, in spite of our whiskers, we elderly friskers are kiddies the most of our time.” – Clarence Dennis
To Wrap It Up
Whether you’re reading this quotes to your grandma or reading them yourself as you saunter into old age, they’re sure to bring a smile to your face.
For more sweetness and smiles, check out this list of inspirational and heartwarming quotes on peace. And, no matter what age or gender, it’s always a good idea to check in with your inner femininity – and these quotes can help with that.