There are a lot of incredibly wise individuals on this planet. Not all of these have become famous, but those who have are often immortalized by their words alone. Some of the best quotes of all time were spoken by people many thousands of years ago, yet their wisdom remains intact even today.
This article explores some of these fantastic and timeless quotes.
Some of the Best Quotes of All Time
Short Quotes & One-Liners
- “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” –Nelson Mandela
- “If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor.” –Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.” –Mother Teresa
- “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.” –Robert Louis Stevenson
- “Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans.” –John Lennon
- “Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” –Benjamin Franklin
- “Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.” –Margaret Mead
- “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” –Mae West
- “Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.” –Albert Einstein
Thought-Provoking & Inspiring Quotes
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking.” –Steve Jobs
- “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart.” –Helen Keller
- “The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.” – Confucius
- “It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get.” – Confucius
- “People who succeed have momentum. The more they succeed, the more they want to succeed and the more they find a way to succeed. Similarly, when someone is failing, the tendency is to get on a downward spiral that can even become a self-fulfilling prophecy.” –Tony Robbins
- “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the water to create many ripples.” –Mother Teresa
- “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” –Maya Angelou
Quotes are fantastic because they help to summarize many years’ worth of wisdom in a single sentence or paragraph. This article shares some of the best quotes of all time, spoken by many different people – some living, and some dearly departed.
If this isn’t enough, check out this article which includes some of history’s best quotes about life and living. Or, indulge yourself in the timeless wisdom of Confucius, one of the greatest thinkers to ever live.