The blues can strike anytime, and they’re even more likely to attack during the dark winter months. That’s one of the reasons that it’s a better time than ever to start diligently reading some stay positive quotes!
And, lucky for you, there’s no shortage of delightfully optimistic quotes to help combat the blues. These are some of the best quotes on staying positive that you’ll ever read.
The Best ‘Stay Positive Quotes’
These quotes will uplift you and leave you filled with joy – or at least help you beat the blues!
Stay Positive Quotes to Remember
- “Extraordinary things are always hiding in places people never think to look.” —Jodi Picoul
- “You can have it all. Just not all at once.” —Oprah Winfrey
- “All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press on to your destination.” —Earl Nightingale
- “Say something positive, and you’ll see something positive.” —Jim Thompson
- “Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.” —Maya Angelou
- “The moment where you doubt you can fly, you cease for ever being able to do it.” —Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” —John F. Kennedy
- “When you are imagining, you might as well imagine something worth while.” —Lucy Maud Montgomery
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.” —H. Jackson Brown Jr
- “We all have two lives. The second one starts when we realize we only have one.” —Confucius
Long-Winded (But Delightfully Inspiring) Stay Positive Quotes
- “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” —Michael Jordan
- “Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” —Gautama Buddha
- “To live a fulfilled life, we need to keep creating the ‘what is next’, of our lives. Without dreams and goals there is no living, only merely existing, and that is not why we are here.” —Mark Twain
- “When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” —John Lennon
Everyone feels a little bit blue from time to time. Fortunately, these feelings are often fleeting – and some good quotes from people who have overcome depression can be a great help.
If you’re looking for more reasons to feel good about yourself and your life, check out this beautiful collection of inspiring, peaceful quotes. Or, if you straight up want to put some pep in your step, check out these quotes on how to find everlasting happiness.