Sometimes you wake up and feel slow. Your alarm is blaring and you can barely muster the strength to turn it off. After dragging your feet to the coffee machine and brewing some Joe, you miss your cup. It’s just not your day – but it might be the perfect day to check out the best quote of the day for work.
These quotes remind you that work isn’t the end of the world. You’ve pushed through days like this before, and you can do it again!
What’s the Best Quote of the Day for Work?
The best quote of the day will vary from person to person. We’ve included a selection of great quotes so you can decide which one is the best for you.
Quick Quotes to Start Your Day on the Right Foot
- “Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work in hand. The sun’s rays do not burn until brought to a focus.” – Alexander Graham Bell
- “Either you run the day or the day runs you.” – Jim Rohn
- “When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.”
- “You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.” -George Lorimer
- “Just one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day.” – Dalai Lama
- “Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you’ll be able to see further.” -Thomas Carlyle
- “Your talent determines what you can do. Your motivation determines how much you’re willing to do. Your attitude determines how well you do it.” – Lou Holtz
- “Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.” -Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “I’m a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”
- “One of the best pieces of advice I ever got was from a horse master. He told me to go slow to go fast. I think that applies to everything in life. We live as though there aren’t enough hours in the day but if we do each thing calmly and carefully we will get it done quicker and with much less stress.” – Viggo Mortensen
- “The individual who says it is not possible should move out of the way of those doing it.”
- “Success means doing the best we can with what we have. Success is the doing, not the getting; in the trying, not the triumph. Success is a personal standard, reaching for the highest that is in us, becoming all that we can be.” – Zig Ziglar
It’s not every day that we jump out of bed excited to get to work. However, every day is an opportunity to build our future. With the right mindset and enough determination, the future is ours to behold however we want it.
It’s important to apply this advice to your whole life, not just work. These quotes on living your best life can help with that. And if you’re prone to daydreaming or philosophizing, check out these Confucius quotes to keep you going through the day.