Those who have joined the army undertake an incredible duty. Many of these veterans don’t make it home safely. It’s important to remember their sacrifice. These inspirational army quotes can help you respect and admire the world’s war veterans.
Inspirational Army Quotes to Inspire Admiration & Command Respect
These are some hard-hitting and powerful army quotes.
Hard-Hitting Inspirational Army Quotes
- “Bravery is being the only one who knows you’re afraid.” -Franklin P. Jones
- “Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.” – Alexander Hamilton
- “The best way out is always through.” -Robert Frost
- “It is fatal to enter a war without the will to win it.” – Douglas MacArthur
- “Military spouses find their strength along the way. Everyone began frightened of distance, deployment, and the unknown.” -The Seasoned Spouse
- “I am not afraid of an Army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of sheep led by a lion.” – Alexander the Great
- “Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance.” -Samuel Johnson
- “No nation ever had an army large enough to guarantee it against attack in a time of peace or ensure it of victory in time of war.” – Calvin Coolidge
- “In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable.” – Dwight D Eisenhower
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” -John F. Kennedy
Thoughtful Army Quotes
- “It is courage, courage, courage, that raises the blood of life to crimson splendor. Live bravely and present a brave front to adversity.” -Horace
- “The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.” —Thucydides
- “Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage, you can’t practice any other virtue consistently.” -Maya Angelou
- “The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office.” – Dwight D Eisenhower
- “Leadership is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost their confidence that you can help or concluded you do not care. Either is a failure of leadership.” – Colin Powell
- “On the battlefield, the military pledges to leave no soldier behind. As a nation, let it be our pledge that when they return home, we leave no veteran behind .” – Dan Lipinski
Military service is one of the most difficult duties a person could take on. These military quotes remind us of the dedication of soldiers.
If you’re at a loss with why we have wars in the first place, it could be time to open your mind. These great Confucius quotes can help you do exactly that.
Or, if you know a war veteran who is struggling to bounce back, these quotes on finding happiness again might help.