Confucius is one of the most reknown philosophers that ever lived. He spoke of a timeless wisdom that continues to inspire people even today. Meditating on some of the most well-known Confucius quotes can help to inspire and invigorate your life.
Without further ado, here are some of the best Confucius quotes that have ever been recorded.
The Best Confucius Quotes
Short and Powerful Confucius Quotes
- “The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.”
- “Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.”
- “Looking at small advantages prevents great affairs from being accomplished.”
- “The man who says he can, and the man who says he can’t are both correct.”
- “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.”
- “We have two lives, and the second begins when we realize we only have one.”
- “When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.”
- “One joy dispels a hundred cares.”
- “Don’t complain about the snow on your neighbor’s roof when your own doorstep is unclean.”
- “A lion chased me up a tree, and I greatly enjoyed the view from the top.”
- “Those who cannot forgive others break the bridge over which they themselves must pass.”
- “Education breeds confidence. Confidence breeds hope. Hope breeds peace.”
Longer, Inspiring Confucius Quotes
- “It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get.”
- “By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.”
- “No matter how busy you make think you are you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.”
- “In a country well-governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. In a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of.”
- “When you see a good person, think of becoming like her/him. When you see someone not so good, reflect on your own weak points.”
- “Virtuous people often revenge themselves for the constraints to which they submit by the boredom which they inspire.”
- “The superior man is distressed by the limitations of his ability; he is not distressed by the fact that men do not recognize the ability that he has.”
Without a doubt, Confucius was one of the most prolific thinkers whoever lived. Nowadays, we can read Confucius’ wisdom and see how it applies to life. In his day and age, however, he was far ahead of his time.
Confucius quotes might inspire you to live the best life ever, but things might be a bit different if you’re struggling with serious emotions. In that case, check out these quotes for fighting depression.
Or, if Confucius’ words of wisdom weren’t enough for you, check out these inspiring and encouraging words to encourage self-growth and wisdom.