Losing a loved one is one of the toughest experiences that we go through. And, unfortunately, it’s something that we must all experience at one time or another. The silver lining here is that we can fall back on the wisdom of those who have lost others before us. Such is the purpose of these reassuring quotes about losing a loved one.
The Best Quotes About Losing a Loved One
These quotes will help you find some peace and meaning after losing a loved one.
Quick Quotes About Losing a Loved One
- “All deaths are sudden, no matter how gradual the dying may be.”― Michael McDowell
- “To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.” ― Thomas Campbell
- “When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure.” – Unknown
- “We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.”– Kenji Miyazawa
- “For life and death are one, even as the river and the sea are one.”– Kalil Gibran
- “We never truly get over a loss, but we can move forward and evolve from it.”—Elizabeth Berrien
- “Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It’s the transition that’s troublesome.” – Isaac Asimov
- “Death is tough for the people left behind on earth.” ― Prateeksha Malik
- “The only way to get over a death is by seeing it as a life completed, instead of a life interrupted.” ― Anonymous
- “The sorrow we feel when we lose a loved one is the price we pay to have had them in our lives.” ― Rob Liano
- “Seeing death as the end of life is like seeing the horizon as the end of the ocean.” – David Searls
Longer Wisdom Quotes About Losing a Loved One
- “When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.“ – Kahlil Gibran
- “Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.” – Unknown
- “Love is stronger than death even though it can’t stop death from happening, but no matter how hard death tries it can’t separate people from love. It can’t take away our memories either. In the end, life is stronger than death.”– Unknown
- “They that love beyond the world cannot be separated by it. For death is no more than a turning of us over from time to eternity. Death cannot kill what never dies.” – William Penn
Losing a loved one is tough. These quotes might help, but really, nothing will make it easy. Just remember that pain is a chance to learn and grow. In the future, you’ll be offering advice to people who also lose loved ones for their first time.
If you’re looking for more wisdom to help you on the grieving journey, check out these quotes on how to grieve the death of a friend. And if you just can’t shake the sadness, these quotes on finding a new perspective can help you get over it.