If you’re serving your country, then you’re doing a service that is unparalleled. If you’re not a part of the army, then sometimes it can help to read army quotes to remind you of how difficult, rewarding and powerful army service can be.
That’s what this page will provide: a bunch of army quotes from famous and not-so-famous soldiers, generals, and other militiamen (and women)!
The Best Army Quotes to Inspire Pride & Respect
If there’s one thing that someone in the army commands, it’s respect. People in the army deal with things that the rest of us prefer not to even imagine. These army quotes remind us off the difficult times faced by those who live in the army.
Quotes from Respectable Army Figures
- “Discipline is the soul of an army. It makes small numbers formidable; procures success to all of the weak, and esteem to all.” – George Washington
- “The soldier is the Army. No Army is better than its soldiers. The soldier is also a citizen. In fact, the highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms for one’s country.” – George S Patton
- “The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office.” – Dwight D Eisenhower
- “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.” – Albert Einstein
- “On the battlefield, the military pledges to leave no soldier behind. As a nation, let it be our pledge that when they return home, we leave no veteran behind .” – Dan Lipinski
- “Leadership is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost their confidence that you can help or concluded you do not care. Either is a failure of leadership.” – Colin Powell
Short Army Quotes and Army One-Liners
- “Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.” – Alexander Hamilton
- “It is fatal to enter a war without the will to win it.” – Douglas MacArthur
- “Soldiers can sometimes make decisions that are smarter than the orders they have been given.” – Orson Scott Card, Enders Game
- “I am not afraid of an Army of lions lead by a sheep; I am afraid of sheep led by a lion.” – Alexander the Great
- “I can’t expect loyalty from the army if I do not give it.” – George C Marshall
- “Lead me, follow me, or get the hell out of my way.” – George S. Patton
- “I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.” – Abraham Lincoln
These army quotes remind us of how difficult life in the military can be.
If you’re looking for something more uplifting after remember our national service, check out these pure quotes. Or, paying homage to the sad reality of the many veterans who return home and develop problems with drugs or alcohol, check out these quotes for recovering drug addicts.