Being a new parent really flips your life around. It’s said that someone doesn’t really know love until they have had a child and learned to love it. This, along with other words of wisdom for new parents, is one of the best quotes to remind us of the significance of having children.
This article focuses on inspiring words of wisdom for new parents, both mothers and fathers. Reading these quotes should help you feel better about raising your child. Good luck, and happy parenting!
Most Inspiring Words of Wisdom for New Parents
These are the best and most inspiring words of wisdom for new parents.
Words of Wisdom for New Mothers
- “Having kids feels like that first seventh-grade crush that overwhelms every molecule in your body, but it’s permanent.” – Kristen Bell
- “You never know how much your parents loved you until you have a child to love.” – Jennifer Hudson
- “Motherhood is the biggest gamble in the world. It is the glorious life force. It’s huge and scary — it’s an act of infinite optimism.” – Gilda Radner
- “A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years and in your heart till the day you die.” – Mary Mason
- “We have a secret in our culture, and it’s not that birth is painful. It’s that women are strong.” – Laura Stavoe Harth
- “Life is a flame that is always burning itself out, but it catches fire again every time a child is born.” – George Bernard Shaw
Words of Wisdom for New Fathers
- “You don’t raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they’ll turn out to be heroes, even if it’s just in your own eyes.” ―Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
- “Some dads liken the impending birth of a child to the beginning of a great journey.” –Marcus Jacob Goldman
- “To her, the name of father was another name for love.” —Fanny Fern
- “Sherman made the terrible discovery that men make about their fathers sooner or later . . . that the man before him was not an aging father but a boy, a boy much like himself, a boy who grew up and had a child of his own and, as best he could, out of a sense of duty and, perhaps love, adopted a role called Being a Father so that his child would have something mythical and infinitely important: a Protector, who would keep a lid on all the chaotic and catastrophic possibilities of life.” –Tom Wolfe, The Bonfire of the Vanities
- “A father is a man who expects his son to be as good a man as he meant to be.” ―Frank A. Clark
Whether you’re a new mother or a new father, the gift of parenthood is incredible. These quotes should reassure you that things will not only be OK, they will be immensely rewarding.
Check out these pure quotes to remind you of how pure a newborn baby is. Or check out these fantastic healthcare worker quotes to remind you how dedicated and caring the hospital staff were who helped to deliver your newborn baby.