Sometimes, life gets hard. And sometimes, it gets hard enough to throw us into depression. But it’s never the end of the world, and many people fight through depression. These anti depression quotes remind us that while depression may be a hurdle, it’s nothing that we can’t overcome.
Anti Depression Quotes to Put a Smile On Your Face
Short Anti Depression Quotes & One-Liners
- “Don’t let life discourage you; everyone who got where he is had to begin where he was.” —Richard L. Evans
- “Even if happiness forgets you a little bit, never completely forget about it.”—Jacques Prevert
- “In the middle of winter I at last discovered that there was in me an invincible summer.” – Albert Camus
- “Do just once what others say you can’t do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again.” —James R. Cook
- “Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” —St. Francis of Assisi
- “The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can change his life by changing his attitude of mind.” —William James
- “Give yourself another day, another chance. You will find your courage eventually. Don’t give up on yourself just yet.”– Unknown
- “Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” —Will Rogers
- “Those who have a ‘why’ to live, can bear with almost any ‘how’.”—Viktor E. Frankl
- “There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.” —John Green
Long, Inspiring Anti Depression Quotes
- “Sometimes, life will kick you around, but sooner or later, you realize you’re not just a survivor. You’re a warrior, and you’re stronger than anything life throws your way.” -Brooke Davis
- “When one door closes, another opens. But we often look so regretfully upon the closed door that we don’t see the one that has opened for us.” —Alexander Graham Bell
- “Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I’m not going to make it, but you laugh inside – remembering all the times you’ve felt that way.” – Charles Bukowski
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do, than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover.” —Mark Twain
- “You say you’re ‘depressed’ – all I see is resilience. You are allowed to feel messed up and inside out. It doesn’t mean you’re defective – it just means you’re human.”—David Mitchell
- “Pursue, keep up with, circle round and round your life, as a dog does his master’s chaise. Do what you love. Know your own bone; gnaw at it, bury it, unearth it, and gnaw it still.” —Henry David Thoreau
Depression can be a tough beast, but it’s never insurmountable.
If you’re still feeling lost, check out these quotes on how to find happiness again. And if you’re prone to binge eating because of your depression, check out these wonderful quotes on how to overcome emotional eating.