Find Me, the novel written by Andrè Aciman and published in 2019, is one of the most emotional rollercoasters written in the last decade. The book showcases Aciman’s talent for writing about love and longing that surpasses many authors, young and old. These Find Me quotes show a little bit of that talent.
Find Me Quotes from Andre Aciman’s Book
The beautiful prose in his book, Find Me, really shows that Aciman is a writer capable of plucking our heartstrings. These quotes reaffirm that fact.
Short ‘Find Me’ Quotes
- “It’s just that the magic of someone new never lasts long enough. We only want those we can’t have. It’s those we lost or who never knew we existed who leave their mark. The others barely echo.”
- “The more we know someone, the more we shut the doors between us, not the other way around.”
- “Men were like matches: they caught fire and were shaken off and dropped in the first ashtray that came her way.”
- “As a French poet once said, some people smoke to put nicotine in their veins, others to put a cloud between them and others.”
- “Each of us is like a moon that shows only a few facets to earth, but never its full sphere.”
- “How many sunken layers deep are those we thought we knew simply because we loved them?”
- “Perhaps he’d seen that sometimes it’s best to stop things when they’re perfect rather than race on and watch them sour.”
- “Death, contrary to what everyone tells you, is not a part of life.”
- “Love is easy,” I said. “It’s the courage to love and to trust that matters, and not all of us have both.”
- “Some of us never jumped to the next level. We lost track of where we were headed and as a result stayed where we started.”
Long ‘Find Me’ Quotes
- “You die and then no one speaks of you, and before you know it, no one asks, no one tells, no one even knows or wants to know. You’re extinct, you never lived, never loved. Time never casts shadows and memory doesn’t drop ashes.”
- “You’re so good at finding paradoxes, and once you’ve fished one out from your bag of easy notions you think you’ve got your answer. But a paradox is never an answer, it’s just a fractured truth, a wisp of meaning without legs.”
- “He knew that if neither of us sought out the other it was only because we had never really parted and that, regardless of where we were, who we were with, and whatever stood in our way, all he needed when the time was right was simply to come and find me.”
- “So if it wasn’t fate, what brought you to the concert tonight?”
. . . .
..he said, “You.”“Me?”
He nodded. “Yes, you.”
“But you didn’t know you’d meet me.”
“A meaningless detail. Fate works forward, backward, and crisscrosses sideways and couldn’t care less how we scan its purposes with our rickety little befores and afters.”
Find Me is a book within which eternal wisdom can be found in each sentence. Andrè Aciman has crafted a gem of a novel that will inspire people for many years to come.