Everyone needs a leg up now and again. Sometimes, when you’re feeling downtrodden and you’ve got nothing to reassure you but your computer screen or your phone, it can help to take a gander at some words of wisdom.
Wisdom is something that comes with age, and words of wisdom are bits of advice that can help us live our lives better. Following these words of wisdom (which is easier said than done!) can help lead you to a more interesting and fulfilling life.
Some of History’s Most Inspiring Words of Wisdom
These are some of the most inspiring words of wisdom by which you can live your life.
Words of Wisdom for Living a Better Life
- “The true mark of maturity is when somebody hurts you and you try to understand their situation instead of trying to hurt them back.” – Unknown
- “Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life.” – Immanuel Kant
- “When looking for wise words, the best ones often come from our elders.”
- “Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.” -Albert Einstein
- “The wise man hath his thoughts in his head; the fool, on his tongue.” Ivan Panin
Words of Wisdom for Peace of Mind
- “Never, no, never did nature say one thing and wisdom say another.” – Edmund Burke
- “Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.” – Hermann Hesse
- “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible!'” – Audrey Hepburn
- “Self-improvement and success go hand in hand. Taking the steps to make yourself a better and more well-rounded individual will prove to be a wise decision.” – Frank Long
- “It is said that wisdom lies not in seeing things, but seeing through things.” Manly P. Hall
- “A wise owl sat on an oak, the more he saw the less he spoke, the less he spoke the more he heard. Why aren’t we like the wise old bird?” Charles M Schulz
Words of Wisdom for Overcoming Strife
- “Pain can change you, but that doesn’t mean it has to be a bad change. Take that pain and turn it into wisdom.” – Dalai Lama
- “Seek the wisdom of the ages, but look at the world through the eyes of a child.” – Ron Wild
- “But what I’ve discovered over time is that some of the wisest people I know have also been some of the most broken people.” – James Prescott, Mosaic of Grace
- “Each of us experiences defeats in life. We can transform defeat into victory if we learn from life’s whuppings.” – Les Brown
- “It is characteristic of wisdom not to do desperate things.” Henry David Thoreau
These fantastic words of wisdom are nuggets of truth spoken by people who have lived interesting lives. These quotes can help encourage you to live a good and inspiring life.
One of the most important things to learn in life is how to cope with change, so check out these quotes on change. Or, if you’re having a hard time coming to terms with life, there’s no shame in seeking solace in these quotes about overcoming depression.