Depression is quite common, but it doesn’t have to be a lifelong problem. Many people have fought depression and won. It’s always a little bit easier to win the fight when you feel like you have support, which is one of the reasons that these quotes for someone who is depressed can be so helpful.
The Best Quotes for Someone Who Is Depressed
These quotes are organized into different categories.
Quotes About Pushing Through Depression
- “And if today all you did was hold yourself together, I’m proud of you.”
- “Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I’m not going to make it, but you laugh inside – remembering all the times you’ve felt that way.”
- “When you fear your struggles, your struggles consume you. When you face your struggles, you overcome them.”
- “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning how to dance in the rain.”
- “The worst kind of sad is not being able to explain why.”
- “Sadness is but a wall between two gardens.”
- “Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad.”
-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “Start over, my darling. Be brave enough to find the life you want and courageous enough to chase it. Then start over and love yourself the way you were always meant to.”
Quotes for Staying Determined
- “Sometimes, life will kick you around, but sooner or later, you realize you’re not just a survivor. You’re a warrior, and you’re stronger than anything life throws your way.”
- “Hard times may have held you down, but they will not last forever. When all is said and done, you will be increased.”
- “Your hardest times often lead to the greatest moments of your life. Keep going. Tough situations build strong people in the end.”
-Roy T. Bennett
Inspiring Quotes for People who Are Depressed
- “Sorrow is one of the vibrations that prove the fact of living.”
-Antoine de Saint-Exupery’s quote reminds us that sadness is a part of life, and that it can be beautiful.
- “You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness.”
-Jonathan Safran Foer
- “Some days are just bad days, that’s all. You have to experience sadness to know happiness, and I remind myself that not every day is going to be a good day, that’s just the way it is!”
-Dita von Teese
- “It’s in the darkest moments that we find our greatest strengths.”
- “Sometimes when things are falling apart they may actually be falling into place”
These quotes for someone who is depressed can be useful for everyone, whether they’re happy or sad. They remind us that life is beautiful, even during the hard times, and that we’re always growing stronger.
If you’re feeling totally miserable, don’t fret – check out these heart-melting quotes about miserable people that will make you feel better. Or if your sadness is caused by a friend or family member’s death, check out these quotes about grieving.