Everyone has good days at work. Unfortunately, everyone also has bad days. Fortunately, sometimes all it takes to flip a bad day into a good one is something as simple as a quote. These employee quotes are just that: words of wisdom spoken by both employees and employers to help foster happiness at work.
A Collection of Employee Quotes
Some of these quotes are joyful, some are hilarious. And all of them can help give you the pep that you need to finish your work on time.
Motivational Employee Quotes from Legendary Leaders
- “To win in the marketplace you must first win in the workplace.” – Doug Conant
- “When people are financially invested, they want a return. When people are emotionally invested, they want to contribute.” – Simon Sinek
- “I always did something I was a little not ready to do. I think that’s how you grow. When there’s that moment of ‘Wow, I’m not really sure I can do this,’ and you push through those moments, that’s when you have a breakthrough.” – Marissa Mayer
- “If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.” – Abraham Maslow
Quotes on Teamwork and Success
- “Coming together is a beginning… Keeping together is progress… Working together is a success.” – Henry Ford
- “A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events and outcomes. It is a catalyst…a spark that creates extraordinary results.” – Successories
- “Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude.” – Ralph Marston
- “The secret of getting ahead, is getting started.” – Mark Twain
- “It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it.” – Lou Holtz
- “Great things are done by a series of small things brought together” – Vincent Van Gogh
Employee Quotes from Hard Workers
- “I got lucky because I never gave up the search. Are you quitting too soon? Or are you willing to pursue luck with a vengeance?” – Jill Konrath
- “Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goals: my strength lies solely in my tenacity.” – Louis Pasteur
- “The day is what you make it! So why not make it a great one?” – Steve Schulte
- “Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.” – Vince Lombardi
- “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” – Socrates
- “Well done, is better than well said.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “When your work speaks for itself, don’t interrupt.” – Henry J. Kaiser
- “Keep your face to the sun and you cannot see the shadows.” – Helen Keller
To Wrap It Up
You might not always want to get up to go to work in the morning. However, it’s important to remember that success depends on your mindset. If you wake up ready to tackle the things that you want to do, then you’re sure to succeed!
Unfortunately, sometimes it’s not that easy. If you’re struggling with depression, work can be quite tough. These quotes on fighting depression might help. Or, if you just need a quick pick me up, check out the quote of the day before work!