Life as a drug addict is tough. At times, it feels like nobody is there to support you. For many recovering drug users, this is the hardest part: the feelings of loneliness, or that nobody accepts or understands your plight. Sometimes, words of inspiration for drug addicts can make all the difference.
Fortunately, the truth is that you’re never really alone. Thousands of people have struggled with drug addiction and have made it through, safely, to the other side.
However, if you live in a rural area, or if you don’t know many other drug users, it can be hard to find these people. The quotes and words that follow were taken from recovering drug addicts, some well-known, and others whose names are lost to history.
Words of Inspiration for Drug Addicts
- “If you can quit for a day, you can quit for a lifetime.” – Benjamin Alire Sáenz
- “Change must start from the individual. And the individual must want and feel ready to make such change.”– Efrat Cybulkiewicz
- “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.”– Carl Bard
- “I think that the power is the principle. The principle of moving forward, as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you’ve done.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” – Mahatma Gandhi ( This quote might not specifically relate to addiction, but it’s certainly easy to understand how you could apply it.)
- “Anyone can give up; it is the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone would expect you to fall apart, now that is true strength.”– Chris Bradford
- “Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.”– Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” – Helen Keller
- “One of the hardest things was learning that I was worth recovery.” – Demi Lovato
- “Recovery is hard. Regret is harder.” – Brittany Burgunder
- “The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong at the broken places.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “Your best days are ahead of you. The movie starts when the guy gets sober and puts his life back together; it doesn’t end there.”– Bucky Sinister
- “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.”– Robert Collier
- “Nobody stays recovered unless the life they have created is more rewarding and satisfying than the one they left behind.” – Anne Fletcher
As you know, addiction is a troubling and harrowsome condition. However, it’s not impossible to overcome. Hopefully, these words of inspiration for drug addicts helped to shine some light on your struggle so you can have the strength to move forward.
If you want more inspiration, check out these inspiring Christian quotes (even if you’re not Christian!) or these quotes on how to find yourself.