We spend a great deal of time in our society focusing on love. Love is a bit different for everyone, but most people seem to have a common understanding that true love is a piece of magic. These true love quotes help to capture some of that magic and remind us of the beauty of love.
True Love Quotes to Inspire & Encourage
These are some of the most inspiring and encouraging true love quotes that you’ll ever hear. Hold these quotes close to your heart and you may find that true love comes your way in no time.
Short True Love Quotes
These quick true love one-liners and short quotes might be short, but that doesn’t stop them from being inspiring and heartwarming.
- “True love stories never have endings.” – Richard Bach
- “True love is knowing a person’s faults, and loving them even more for them.” – Unknown
- “True love bears all, endures all and triumphs!” – Dada Vaswani
- “True love is choosing the many things a person did right rather than the one thing he did wrong. True love does not keep the record of wrongs.” – Unknown
- “True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked.” – Erich Segal
Longer True Love Quotes
These quotes are a bit longer and tackle some of the more nuanced aspects of true love. Sometimes it takes more than a few words to really capture a feeling.
- “True love is not how you forgive, but how you forget, not what you see but what you feel, not how you listen but how you understand, and not how you let go but how you hold on.” -Unknown
- “True love is eternal, infinite, and always like itself. It is equal and pure, without violent demonstrations: it is seen with white hairs and is always young in the heart.” – Honore de Balzac
- “Always remember true love never fades away even if it is not reciprocated. It remains in the heart to purify and soften the soul.” – Aarti Khurana
- “True love doesn’t happen right away; it’s an ever-growing process. It develops after you’ve gone through many ups and downs, when you’ve suffered together, cried together, laughed together.” – Ricardo Montalban
- “True love is not a strong, fiery, impetuous passion. It is, on the contrary, an element calm and deep. It looks beyond mere externals, and is attracted by qualities alone. It is wise and discriminating, and its devotion is real and abiding.” – Ellen G. White
- “True love is inexhaustible; the more you give, the more you have. And if you go to draw at the true fountainhead, the more water you draw, the more abundant is its flow.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Some people might think that true love is a myth, but it’s clear to anyone reading these quotes that this isn’t the case for everyone. True love might vary from person to person, but everyone seems to agree that it is powerful, unyielding, and everlasting.
These platonic love quotes remind us that friendship can be just as beautiful as romantic love, or if you’re in the mood for more romantic quotes, this list of romance quotes from John Keats will blow your mind.