"It’s a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it’s a depression when you lose yours." If you like to read such catchy quotes and sayings about life, this is the place to be.
People are always impressed by the catchy sentences while reading a book or while listening to speeches of famous personalities. Catchy quotes and sayings are a part of creative thinking. A simple but catchy line can create the necessary atmosphere or can express the exact feeling of all, present at that moment. The short and sweet quotes linger in your mind forever.
Humor, an essential part of life, is used to get your attention, in movies or in election campaigns or in writing articles. Funny quotes are always sure shot mood lifters and can actually make you want to read the book again and again or can make you watch the movie over and over again. Here are some of the wittiest famous quotes that have entertained readers for years. I hope you like them.
Catchy Quotes About Life and Success
• “What you get free, costs too much.” ~ J. Anouilh
• “A life spent making mistakes is more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” ~ Unknown
• “It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.” ~ Theodore Roosevelt
• “Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.” ~ Henry Ford
• “Opportunities multiply as they are seized.” ~ Sun Tzu
• “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.” ~ L. Brown
• “Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep.” ~ Unknown
• “A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman’s birthday but never remembers her age.” ~ Unknown
• “Choose a job you like and you will never have to work a day of your life.” ~ Confucius
• “It takes both sunshine and rain to make a rainbow.” ~ Unknown
• “There is always some madness in love, but there is also always some reason in madness.” ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
• “I have lost friends, some by death, others through sheer inability to cross the street.” ~ Virginia Woolf
• “There are three faithful friends, an old wife, an old dog, and ready money.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
• “Money can’t buy friends, but you can get a better class of enemy.” ~ Spike Milligan
• “A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked”.~ Bernard Meltzer
• “A good friend can tell you what is the matter with you in a minute. He may not seem such a good friend after telling.”~ Arthur Brisbane
• “The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies, probably because they are generally the same people.” ~ Gilbert K. Chesterton
• “One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim”. ~ George Carlin
“He is not a lover who does not love forever.” ~ Euripides
• “Every time I look at you I get a fierce desire to be lonesome.” ~ Oscar Levant
• “Marry me and I’ll never look at another horse!” ~ Groucho Marx
• “The great question… which I have not been able to answer… is, “What… does a woman want?” ~ Freud
• “Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your heart or burn down your house, you can never tell.” ~ Joan Crawford
• “The four most important words in any marriage…”I’ll do the dishes.” ~ Unknown
• Immature love says: “I love you because I need you.” Mature love says: “I need you because I love you.” ~ Erich Fromm
From Songs and Poems
• “Long, long afterward, in an oak
I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end,
I found again in the heart of a friend.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
• “Love me for a reason, Let the reason be love.” ~ Boy Zone
• “But if you’re thinking about my baby, it don’t matter if you’re black or white” ~ Michael Jackson
• “Wherever you go, whatever you do, I’ll be right here, waiting for you” ~ Richard Marx
• “Sometimes just a smile on our face,
Can help to make this world a better place.
Stand up for the things that are right.
Try to talk things out instead of fight.
Lend a hand when you can, get involved this is good.
You can help to make a difference in your neighborhood.” ~ Robert Alan
• “When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.” ~ Boy Zone
• “A kiss is still a kiss in Casablanca but the kiss is not a kiss without your sigh.” ~ Bertie Higgins
Getting the point across concisely is crucial in any dialog. Have you noticed that the language in catchy quotes and sayings is very simple and easy to understand? A pinch of humor or tad bit of emotion added to your writing can make a world of difference to the way the impending song or book or movie turns out. Catchy sentences help people relate to you better. Such sayings when used while speaking or writing, can be a great boost which can increase people’s confidence in you. Be careful while using a catchy quote or saying, as the message should not get lost in translation.