Though reading some break up quotes will not remove the fond memories that you had with your loved one, it will surely help in healing your broken heart. So, if you or one of your close friends is going through a heartbreak, some of these quotes may aid them to move on in life.
Going through a breakup is a very difficult period, especially if you are the one who is being ditched. Though there have been problems going in the relationship, it is not easy to forget the person who had been the most special one in your life till now. Moreover, there are so many wonderful memories that keep coming into your mind, every time you try to forget your ex-boyfriend or girlfriend. Though you may think that you will never be able to come over this grief, it is actually very important to untangle yourself and move on in life.
Of course, this is easier said than done. However, there are several ways with which one can pick up the broken pieces and move ahead in life. One way is taking the help of sad quotes about break up. These quotes are written by famous as well as anonymous people who have gone through and understand the pain that break up gives to a person. So, go through these really sad quotes which may help in mending your broken heart.
Break Up Quotes and Sayings
One must understand that these sad life quotes are no medicine to cure the pain caused by heartbreak. However, with the help of them one will realize that one is not alone i.e. there are others who have shared as well as going through the same phase. With this note, I would like to present some quotes on break up.
- “Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.” – Anonymous
- “The hottest love has the coldest end.” – Socrates
- “It’s hard to tell your mind to stop loving someone if your heart still does.” – Anonymous
- “You don’t die from a broken heart – you only wish you did.” – Anonymous
- “When I look at you my heart skips a beat, but later than beat could mean a lifetime of tears wasted on something I knew I could never have.” – Anonymous
- “There is one pain I often feel which you will never know because it is caused by the absence of you.” – Anonymous
- “A life with love will have some thorns, but a life without love will have no roses.” – Anonymous
- “I don’t know what to do now that we’re apart; I don’t know how to live without the other half of my heart.” – Anonymous
- “A break up is like a broken mirror. It is better to leave it broken than hurt yourself trying to fix it.” – Anonymous
- “My biggest fear is that one day we will pass each other on the streets and have an artificial conversation.” – Anonymous
- “It takes a couple of seconds to say hello, but forever to say goodbye.” – Anonymous
- “My heart only fought for what it wanted. Now my heart is having to fight to let him go.” – Anonymous
- “Now that I have loved so purely and deeply, I have realized how lonely I really am.” – Anonymous
- “Some people think that it’s holding on that makes one strong; sometimes it’s letting go.” – Anonymous
- “You have to forgive to forget, and forget, to feel again.” – Anonymous
- “If someone you love hurts you; cry a river, build a bridge, and get over it.” – Anonymous
- “Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a teardrop.” – Anonymous
- “Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it’s not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn’t give up on them.” – Anonymous
- “Letting go of someone dear to you is hard, but holding on to someone who doesn’t even feel the same is much harder. Giving up doesn’t mean you are weak! It only means that you are strong enough to let go!” – Anonymous
- “I’m going to smile and make you think I’m happy, I’m going to laugh, so you don’t see me cry, I’m going to let you go in style, and even if it kills me – I’m going to smile.” – Anonymous
- “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.” – Khalil Gibran
- “I miss you a little, I guess you could say, a little too much, a little too often, and a little more each day.” – Anonymous
- “If you find yourself in love with a person who does not love you, be gentle with yourself. There is nothing wrong with you. Love just didn’t choose to rest in the other person’s heart.” – Anonymous
- “I swore to myself it wouldn’t happen again. I vowed to myself that this was the end. The end of this longing, this yearning so strong… I said I was over you, but oh I was so wrong.” – Anonymous
- “Should I smile because you’re my friend or cry because that’s all we’ll ever be?” – Anonymous
- “I know in reality we can’t be together, so I just close my eyes and you’re right here with me… in my dreams you’re mine forever.” – Anonymous
These quotes may help you in getting over your lost love. One must understand that life is too short and though it is very painful to forget a person, one cannot brood over him/her for the rest of the life. One must take it as a learning experience and move ahead to experience the sweet surprises of life.