Office Space was one of the most significant movies of its time. It helped to shed a humorous light on the monotony of office work and, in its stead, inspired thousands of people to enjoy their work-life more. Office Space quotes may have also inspired thousands of others to seek new careers.
It doesn’t matter if Office Space made you hate your job or love it – all that matters is that it had a profound effect on you. It was able to affect so many people because of its witty and ingenious dialogue.
These Office Space quotes are some of the best-collected wisdom, humor, and writing from the entire movie.
The Best Office Space Quotes
On Office Monotony
- “Well, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late. I use the side door – that way, Lumbergh can’t see me. After that, I sorta space out for an hour…I just stare at my desk, but it looks like I’m working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch, too. I’d say, in a given week, I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual work.” – Peter Gibbons, reflecting on what he gets done during the average day.
- “Ah, ah, I almost forgot… I’m also going to need you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. We, uhhh, lost some people this week and we sorta need to play catch-up. Mmmmmkay? Thaaaaaanks.” – Boss Bill Lumbergh, capturing the essence of a boring boss.
- “So, I was sitting in my cubicle today and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it.” – Peter Gibbons
- “I’m going to need those TPS reports…ASAP…So, if you could do that, that’d be great…” – Bill Lumbergh. This quote is significant because in the years after the movie, the term TPS reports became office slang for any boring task that employees didn’t want to do.
Inspiration & Wisdom
- “We don’t have a lot of time on this Earth! We weren’t meant to spend it this way! Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about mission statements!” -Peter Gibbons, on what it means to be alive.
- “We find it’s always better to fire people on a Friday. Studies have statistically shown that there’s less chance of an incident if you do it at the end of the week.” -Bob Porter
- “PC load letter”?!! What the [bleep] does that mean?!!” -Michael Bolton’s quote marked the beginning of one of the funniest scenes in movie history in which the office employees gang-beat a faulty printer.
There’s no doubt that Office Space was one of the funniest movies of its generation. These Office Space quotes remind us that its humor is timeless.
If these work-related quotes made you look forward to the weekend, check out these Friday quotes for more laughs. Or if you’d like to keep getting nostalgic with great movies, check out the best Star Wars quotes.