Leave it to the Irish to come up with some really witty, sarcastic, wise, point-blank, and downright funny things to say about life, love, and all the general happenings around us. The collection of Irish quotes here is sure to have you smiling. Enjoy!
Hilarious Irish Sayings
- You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was.
- If you're lucky enough to be Irish, then you're lucky enough.
- May the cat eat you and the devil eat the cat.
- Who gossips with you will gossip of you.
- A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures.
- The Irish - be they kings, or poets, or farmers, they're a people of great worth, they keep company with the angels, and bring a bit of heaven here to earth.
- Both your friend and your enemy think you will never die.
- Being Irish is very much a part of who I am. I take it everywhere with me.
- The Irish gave the bagpipes to the Scots as a joke, but the Scots haven't seen the joke yet.
- A turkey never voted for an early Christmas.
- A quarrel is like buttermilk: once it's out of the churn, the more you shake it, the more sour it grows.
- I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for my Mum. I know I've got Irish blood because I wake up everyday with a hangover.
- It is not a secret after three people know it.
- Bless your little Irish heart and every other Irish part.
- Wherever you go and whatever you do, may the luck of the Irish be there with you.