Going through the following quotes will help you understand the primary aspects of emotional infidelity. This article consists of a few quotes unfolding the psyche of emotional affairs.
Emotional infidelity is when a person is attracted to another person in spite of being in a committed relationship or married. If you think practically, this is extremely difficult to avoid, especially since it begins with the so-called “harmless flattery”. Unfortunately, cheating will almost always have an adverse effect on your relationship.
Although this kind of a relationship is not intentionally created, only being together with another person daily for a long time could be the cause of an emotional affair. This is how attachments occur, which leads to emotional infidelity. Emotional affair signs include a lack of concentration in your present relationship, mental separation from your spouse, etc.
Famous Emotional Infidelity Quotes
- “She suspected him of infidelity, with and without reason, morning, noon and night.” ― Ada Leverson
- “It is necessary to the happiness of man that he be mentally faithful to himself. Infidelity does not consist in believing or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe.” ― Thomas Paine
- “You have heard it said, ‘Do not commit adultery’. But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.” ― Matthew 5:27
- “Infidelity in woman is a masculine trait.” ― Anonymous
- “Tis’ my opinion that every man cheats in his own way, and he is only honest who is not discovered.” ― Susannah Centlivre
- “The heart of a cheater is empty and hollow.” ― Anonymous
- “A truth that’s told with bad intent beats all the lies you can invent.” ― William Blake
- “When love becomes labored we welcome an act of infidelity towards ourselves to free us from fidelity.” ― François de la Rochefoucauld
- “Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Watch your words for they become actions. Watch your actions, for they become habits. Watch your habits, for they become character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.” ― Lao Tzu
- “One is easily fooled by that which one loves.” ― Jean Baptiste Poquelin Moliere
- “You may build castles in the air, and fume, and fret, and grow thin and lean, and pale and ugly, if you please. But I tell you, no man worth having is true to his wife, or can be true to his wife, or ever was, or will be so.” ― Sir John Vanbrugh
- “In business partnerships and marriage partnerships, O’ the cheating that goes on.” ― Saul Antin
- “Love is a game in which one always cheats.” ― Honore de Balzac
- “Where cheating is, there’s mischief there.” ― William Blake
- “Deceiving others. That is what the world calls a romance.” ― Oscar Wilde
- “Because I’ve been on the receiving end of infidelity, I know how much it hurts.” ― Rachel Hunter
- “Wise married women don’t trouble themselves about infidelity in their husbands.” ― Samuel Johnson
- “If you say, ‘I love you’, then you have already fallen in love with language, which is already a form of break up and infidelity.” ― Jean Baudrillard
- “Betrayal can only happen if you love.” ― John Le Carre
These are some of the most notable quotes about emotional cheating and betrayal. After reading some of these, we can understand that the aspects included therein are actual facts that we consider in our everyday life. Emotional infidelity is considered common in couples, but does not show its effect unless it grows further. Remember that extreme emotional affairs can be as destructive as physical infidelity. So, to maintain a healthy relationship with your spouse, make it a point to keep such emotional attachments at bay.