Far too many people in the world are hungry. Hunger is an epidemic that can easily be solved with resource distribution. The issue is that those who control the money – corporations and banks – focus more on maintaining profits. These feed the hungry quotes remind us that this problem isn’t going anywhere unless we build awareness and work together.
Feed the Hungry Quotes to Build Awareness
These quotes help to build awareness about hungry.
Thoughts on Hunger
- “If you can’t feed a hundred people, then feed just one.” Mother Teresa
- “There’s enough on this planet for everyone’s needs but not for everyone’s greed.” Mohandas Gandhi
- “We know that a peaceful world cannot long exist, one-third rich and two-thirds hungry.” Jimmy Carter
- “If you want to eliminate hunger, everybody has to be involved.” Bono
- “The war against hunger is truly mankind’s war of liberation.” John F. Kennedy
Feed the Hungry Quotes & Ideas
- “Hunger is not a problem. It is an obscenity. How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” Anne Frank
- “One of the greatest feelings in the world is knowing that we as individuals can make a difference. Ending hunger in America is a goal that is literally within our grasp.” Jeff Bridges
- “In this country that grows more food than any other nation on this earth, it is unthinkable that any child should go hungry.” Sela Ward
- “There are genuinely sufficient resources in the world to ensure that no one, nowhere, at no time, should go hungry.” Ed Asner
Feed the Hungry Facts & Info
- “Close to a billion people – one-eighth of the world’s population – still live in hunger. Each year 2 million children die through malnutrition. This is happening at a time when doctors in Britain are warning of the spread of obesity. We are eating too much while others starve.” Jonathan Sacks
- “Recent research shows that many children who do not have enough to eat wind up with diminished capacity to understand and learn. Children don’t have to be starving for this to happen. Even mild undernutrition – the kind most common among poor people in America – can do it.” Carl Sagan
- “One in four kids in the U.S. faces hunger.” Jeff Bridges
- “35 million people in the U.S. are hungry or don’t know where their next meal is coming from, and 13 million of them are children. If another country were doing this to our children, we’d be at war.” Jeff Bridges
Global hunger is a consistent problem, and the worst part is that we have the resources to solve the problem today. What we need to do is build awareness to the point that this is no longer a problem that people can sweep under the rug.
Because of hunger, millions of people are dying. This is a tremendous burden and brings about much sadness. These quotes on feeling sad can help you overcome some of this sadness.
And while sadness is a form of pain, it can be a rewarding one. These quotes on pain can help you learn to overcome and grow stronger because of it.