Colors fade, temples crumble, empires fall, but wise words endure. - Edward Thorndike
The power of words became clear to me when a couple of years back I met with a crisis. It was my first job and not a very good time for me in office. There were certain ambiguities in the instructions of a certain client and I had completely goofed up in interpreting them. And then what? I had a 'serious' talk with my boss and you know what kind of talk it was. Everything seemed so dull and boring, and I felt like the biggest loser on Earth. And just when I needed it, came the strength in these words "You need to lean back a little to leap further". These words came from Jessie, an old friend of mine. It made me feel better instantly and I realized what power encouraging words for a friend hold.
Soft, sincere, and boosting words from friends can give you strength in hard times. Genuine and inspiring words from a supportive friend can act as the ray of hope in your time of darkness and can make you smile. They can help you forget your worries. Using inspiring or uplifting words is an art and it reflects your 'emotional intelligence'. Here are some examples of encouraging phrases. Words that come from the bottom of the heart can assure your friend that what he is thinking as 'the end' is not an end but is just 'a beginning'. You must have read the famous poem 'Don't Quit'. It says that sometimes, things go wrong, but you should not quit. A few words of encouragement can really help elevate the mood of a depressed person.
Messages to Boost the Ego
• Do your little bit in this world, 'coz it's small matches that light up great torches.
• When God takes away something, remember that He is ensuring that your hands are free to grab new opportunities.
• Fall in love again if you have once lost the game. For remember, every rainbow comes only after it rains.
• Don't chase love for it is like a butterfly. The more you run after it, the further it flies away. Leave it alone and it will come to you when you least expect it.
• Life is like a game of cards that you may sometimes win or sometimes lose. No matter what cards you hold, be it a club, a spade or a diamond, always play with a Heart!
• A special breakfast menu for you today - a plate full of love, a bowl filled with appreciation, a spoonful of hope, a forkful of care and a glass, full of prayers. Enjoy your meal without any worries, for you are under God's care.
Some Encouraging Sayings and Quotes
• Fortune favors the brave. - Publius Terence
• Rome was not built in one day. - Idiom
• The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one. - Elbert Hubbard
• Little minds are tamed and subdued by misfortunes; but great minds rise above them. - Washington Irving
• Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome. - Samuel Johnson
• What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly. - Richard Bach
• Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. - Albert Einstein
Phrases that Encourage
• Way to go buddy!
• I trust you.
• You make a great friend.
• I appreciate your being there.
• That was so smart of you!
• That was amazing. How did you do that?
Do these phrases sound ridiculously simple? Well they are, yet they are effective and the fact is, that during the time of crisis it is just these simple words that fail to come to our minds. It's not just inspirational quotes and sayings that would help to trigger positive thinking in your friends. Whenever we need some words to send to a friend, most of the time we are at a loss. We instantly think of rushing to the nearest library or logging on to the Internet. However, we often forget that it isn't always famous words that encourage an individual. Sometimes simple and the most commonly used words could be used as encouraging phrases for friends. Such words help overcome depression. They can fill the mind of the depressed person with positive thoughts. They can motivate the person, can make them confident and adventurous. With a fighting spirit and a positive outlook, the person can definitely achieve the desired goal.
Encouraging words for a friend do not need to be some profound philosophy every time. Just words of appreciation and encouragement may be enough to keep the confidence crisis of your friend well in check. All you need to do is to be able to see when your friend needs you and be there with the right words to boost his self-esteem. All the best!