Life is something that happens to all of us, between birth, growing up, falling in love, growing old and experiencing death. Life is something like a chocolate store, which sells assorted chocolates. Some of them are sweet, some with a dash of spice, some that get you a li'l tipsy, some bitter and some addictive. The connotation of life differs from person to person, which is what makes it a great try. After all, you just get one chance to make most of it.
Quotes are words with immortal wisdom. These great quotes talk about important phases of love, friendship, lessons of life and death. Here is a collection of great quotes about life, so that you 'Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever', as Mahatma Gandhi had once said.
Life and Love
We fall in love, fall out of love and fall in love again. Love has finer nuances that most of us fail to see.
- Right now you are one choice away from a new beginning - one that leads you toward becoming the fullest human being you can be. - Oprah Winfrey
- Trying to forget someone you love is like trying to remember someone you never met. - Anonymous
- For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul. - Judy Garland
- The lover is a monotheist who knows that other people worship different gods but cannot himself imagine that there could be other gods. - Theodor Reik
- Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat, or will stay awake just to watch you sleep... wait for the boy who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you are in sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends, who thinks you're just as pretty without makeup on. One who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares and how lucky he is to have you.... The one who turns to his friends and says, 'that's her.' - Anonymous
Life and Friendship
Friends are those people who walk into your life to be there forever and ever. They are people who help you get up when you are down, double all your joys and share the burden of your unhappiness.
- We are friends and I do like to pass the day with you in serious and inconsequential chatter. I wouldn't mind washing up beside you, dusting beside you, reading the back half of the paper while you read the front. We are friends and I would miss you, do miss you and think of you very often. - Jeanette Winterson
- Don't be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends. - Richard Bach
- Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose. - Tennessee Williams
- Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one. - C.S. Lewis
- The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing... not healing, not curing... that is a friend who cares. - Henri Nouwen
- A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails. - Donna Roberts
- Friendship is one mind in two bodies. - Mencius
Life to Live By
Life teaches us a lot of lessons, that are seldom found in textbooks.
- Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. - Hans Christian Anderson
- Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself. - Eleanor Roosevelt
- Just as a candle cannot burn without fire, men cannot live without a spiritual life. - Buddha
- Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. - Buddha
- I say, if your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life. - Bill Watterson, Calvin & Hobbes
- Life is like a beautiful melody, only the lyrics are messed up - Anonymous
- I think everybody should get rich and famous and do everything they ever dreamed of so they can see that it's not the answer. - Jim Carrey
Life and Death
Death is as inevitable as life is. It may be the finality, but it is a new beginning too.
- All say, "How hard it is that we have to die" - a strange complaint to come from the mouths of people who have had to live. - Mark Twain
- Have the courage to live. Anyone can die. - Robert Cody
- Life lives, life dies. Life laughs, life cries. Life gives up and life tries. But life looks different through everyone's eyes. - Anonymous
- The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time. - Mark Twain
- If you spend all your time worrying about dying, living isn't going to be much fun. - Roseanne, a television show
- For death begins with life's first breath And life begins at touch of death. - John Oxenham