As you must have known, the "emo" style of lyrics or writing is a very peculiar confessional way of expression. It stands for "emotional hardcore" or "emocore", which is generally used in rock music. This style originated in Washington D. C. More than the rock bands, it was adopted by the American punk singers who changed it according to their sounds and mixed other styles to give it a global feel.
Since emo has a different meaning for different people, these lyrics and words don't have a particular style of outline. But they do have a common way of expression, where composers describe life and love, with sad feelings like pain, hurt, rejection, and denial. Therefore, to make this way of expression a bit more clear for you, we have compiled here a list of emo quotes about life. Take a look at these quotes and sayings, and find out how their composing styles are.
Quotes on Life and Love
These emo quotes and sayings are always an emotional inspiration to many, as they can relate to these words. They give you the assurance that there are strangers who share the same feelings of hurt and pain, like yours. Even though these quotes and this style of dark writing is not appreciated by many, they a lot of creative work that requires the right way of putting your "real" feelings in words. These quotes about pain and other emotions are listed below, so read on, and try to relate to them.
- "It's quite ironic, that in life, the person that brings out the best in you and the one that makes you strong is actually your weakness." ― Anonymous
- "What's the point in ever trying to be happy when the very pursuit of happiness is what makes you miserable." ― Anonymous
- "I hurt myself so I can feel alive." ― Anonymous
- "Now I'm driven to be ten times better than you think you are, piece by piece I've built my walls. And burned the bridges down that lead back to people like you." ― Atreyu, You Eclipsed By Me
- "Son, your life's an open book don't close it before it's done" ― Metallica, Mama Said
- "Life will never get any better. I will always be stabbing away at my arms hopelessly with an olive fork." ― Anonymous
- "It only hurts when you start pretending it doesn't." ― Anonymous
- "I wanna die, I wanna bleed, I wanna cry, but all i can do is just keep walking with a smile on my face, and pretend the scars aren't really there." ― Anonymous
- "I will never know myself until I do this on my own
And I will never feel anything else until my wounds are healed
I will never be anything till I break away from me
I will break away and find myself today" ― Linkin Park, Somewhere I Belong
Quotes about Love
Love is another emotion that the writers always write about, and heartbreak is a part of love, no matter how perfect it is. Read on to find some quotes about heartbreak mentioned below. These are also picked up from some songs that will make your cry, so take a look.
- "We walked arm in arm but I didn't feel his touch a desire I'd first tried to hide. That tingling inside was gone and when he asked me: 'do you still love me?' I had to look away I didn't want to tell him, that my heart grows colder with each day." ― Bat For Lashes
- "Here I stand empty hands wishing my wrists were bleeding to stop the pain from the beatings." ― Flyleaf
- "You're just another picture to burn." ― Taylor Swift
- "In the darkness I had to fall always find my place among the ashes" ― Evanesence
- "I never thought I'd die alone. Another six months I'll be unknown. Give all my things to all my friends. You'll never step foot in my room again." ― Blink-182
- "When something's over, it's over. It can never start again
When it's broken, you can never put back the pieces.
Life is not the way you want it to be.
When you know that someone's hurting you so much, just stop.
We know that it hurts a lot, but you must learn to let go things.
Don't push yourself too hard. Coz we all know, that in every ending, there's such a thing that we call the beginning." ― Anonymous
With these quotes picked up from some of the best songs, I hope you have found this bold style of writing convincing. The way these writers and composers write is very strong and harsh, hence people have accepted these lyrics as a reflection of their own lives.